Thursday, August 28, 2008

Over 18, Under 20 … and Responsibilities

18 is special to every one of us from ones own view. For me, I was eager to be 18 just to DRIVE!!!!. Secondly, to feel that I do really exist in this society.
Before driving and getting my license, I've been repeating the promises to daddy … I WILL DO bla bla bla and daddy's response was always nodding.
I was always known at home as the responsible member, despite my young age. I was in charge of some things at home and was happy for that. I became 18, finished school, started taking driving lessons, got my driving license. Logically the level of responsibilities will increase after this evolution. I was extremely happy for that evolution in my life. I enjoyed doing these responsibilities, as I always liked to help at home and feel my belonging to this family. These responsibilities varied from buying house stuff, attending the school meetings for my younger sis, being in charge of her school stuff and picking her when there's no bus, driving my grandmas and my mom as well, though she drives but she doesn't like to. I was happy as I learnt lots of stuff, new places and how is life out there. I really feel that I grew up, but despite all this deep inside I'll always be a child.

It's been a year now since that real responsibilities thing started. In the past three months (since my longest holiday ever started) under some circumstance these responsibilities increased to a level that I don't want. Specially for the social duties ( some social duties we had to attend as my mother was ill). Anyway, I was ok with that. But these what I call responsibilities increased and started to be almost daily. Recently, I'm just feeling that I'm FED UP. I WANT SOME TIME FOR MY SELF to think about MY OWN LIFE. Sometime during this I just felt like I'm in my forties while I'm not twenty yet.

Here where just I have a wish. University PLEASE START I'M BEGGING. Not because I'm bored, not because I'm eager to study but to rescue me.

I don't know why we are eager for these evolutions in life, while we are happy with our peaceful life!!!

This week I just discovered that schools are starting next week 30th of Aug and not on 6th of Sep as I was programmed and I have a sis who is still at school, will I be in charge to pick her to school in the first week until they find her a bus and destroy my sleeping in the last week of my holiday before I start to get up early?? I hope not.

6 comments:

نورجان said...

I know women who came from families who were against women driving. They're over that way of thinking, but their women still didn't bother to learn how to drive.

One of them was asked why she doesn't want to learn, although she has no problem with driving, she said: "If I start driving, the other women in the family who don't drive will turn me into their driver!"


And now reading your experience ... I think I'd better wait a bit before I start learning how to drive =P

بلاها .. الباص أحسن

Meteor said...

hahahahaha
may be it's a universal norm that some one got to be the driver :)

anyway that's over now since university has started. i still do those responsibilities but in an accepted rate :)

but i do advice you strongly to start learning to drive. it's a whole experience and u'll learn lots of things other than the driving itself. besides, driving is sooo fun :P

Lost in thought said...

Haven't we all been there? You hit the nail on the head.

I used to LOVE to drive, even while learning, I never missed one day, and after that every chance I would get I would DRIVE. If I had no chance, I would make it. But now, I just feel it as just another neccesity.

Anonymous said...

I think your blog has to be updated.You are probably busy at the University but you have to take care of your blog also.

Lost in thought said...

Hey,
Why aren't you blogging ? SQU keeping it busy ha ?

Well, I go to a private teacher. I used to go to "Tunes" but I wanted personal one to one sessions.

Anonymous said...

um khalid posting on meteor's blog.....this "IS" a small world after all ha? :P